Women’s earnings in 2021 are testament to its successes – ANHA | HAWARNEWS
Amid successive events in northern and eastern Syria, a major role for women has emerged in closely monitoring the situation and finding a way out for women so that they do not fall under the direct influence. , as women in any conflict are exposed to gross violations, and global statistics on human rights violations indicate that women are the targets in the first place.
In order to minimize losses and direct the energies of women towards protecting and identifying their history, strength and abilities, women from northern and eastern Syria worked on the arenas local and regional, to hold the Turkish occupation accountable for its crimes. in the occupied areas, and to deliver the message of the women in the Rojava revolution, which is called the women’s revolution. It is up to women from the rest of the world to join the available revolution convoy.
In support of the women’s economy aimed at developing women financially and morally, the Women’s Economy Committee in North and East Syria has implemented many projects, opening projects that support and develop its economy, such as factories and ovens.
On January 1, large-scale meetings were held within the framework of the self-sufficiency of migrant women from SerÃªkaniyÃª by opening economic projects to support them. (5,800) dunums of agricultural land have been allocated to women in the form of an association; For the cultivation of seasonal varieties of wheat and barley, the association had 78 displaced women.
On January 2, the Women’s Economy Committee allocated an area of ââ(7) hectares for growing onion, (12) hectares for growing garlic, three hectares for growing peas, two hectares for the cultivation of field beans and five hectares for the cultivation of potatoes, which are cultivated for the first time in the villages of Kar Kendal and Mulla Marza. belonging to the district of Derik in the township of Qamishlo.
– On January 16, the potato was first cultivated in Al-Hasakah County, by the Al-Hasakah Women’s Economic Committee.
On May 30, the Al-Jazeera Region Economic Authority inaugurated the Women’s Department, Zozan Cheese and Dairy Factory in Dirk District, Qamishlo County, which is the first of its kind in the region, and the second in northern and eastern Syria.
– On June 1, the Free Women’s Foundation in Syria opened an office in the city of Manbij to develop the role of women intellectually and economically.
– On November 8, the Women’s Bureau of the People’s Municipality of Raqqa opened a detergent laboratory, the first of its kind, at a cost of nearly $ 4,000, a rare project and a unique experience for women in the region.
– On June 22, a delegation from Catalonia, made up of âIlulia Regovat and Ruben Wagensbeeg, members of the Catalan Parliament, Laura Preeze, member of the Barcelona city council, Montes, member of the political and social organization Omnivim, Kifer Meckel, member of the Movement for International Justice and the Dignity of Refugees, and John Kerlt “visited a journalist and documentary maker on social issues Conference Star Center in Qamishlo Township.
– On June 29, the women of Rojava in Germany announced the organization of the âStar Europe Conferenceâ during the first conference held under the slogan âThe women’s revolution is the guarantee of a free lifeâ.
– On June 29, the first founding conference of the Union of Yazidi Women was held in Rojava in the canton of Al-Shahba, in the presence of 300 Yazidi women from the regions of Al-Jazeera and Afrin, under the slogan “With the thought of a democratic nation, Yazidi women will win in Rojava.”
– On September 21, the French city of Lyon honored the Kurdish political activist and former secretary general of the Future Syria Party, the martyr Hevrin Khalaf, by giving his name to a place in France.
On November 30, a delegation of women from northern and eastern Syria visited the Basque Country, at the official invitation of the region, the municipality of Duranco and the non-governmental organization âSuargiâ, in the aim of strengthening relations between the two peoples.
– During the year 2021, the Yazidi House of the Al-Jazeera region received 12 Yazidi women, from the administration of the Al-Hol camp, who were captured during attacks by mercenaries from the Islamic State on Shingal.
– January 6, begins the official broadcast of the women’s press agency “JINHA”, which aims to find a new form and a new model for the representation of women in the media, facing the “lack of representation of women”.
– On January 17, the Kongra Star Coordination in Rojava launched the second phase of the campaign “No to occupation and extermination, Together we protect women and life”, with the aim of shedding light on the violations practiced against women and families by the Turkish occupation and its mercenaries in the occupied areas.
On February 5, it was approved that the coordination of women would be part of the General Council of the Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria, in order to find a suitable ground to resolve the obstacles and difficulties faced by the women in the administration.
– On March 6, Afghan, Iranian, Arab and Kurdish women held a joint conference via an (online) app, and as a result the committee announced the decisions that resulted in the conference.
– On March 25, Kongra Star set up a sit-in tent in Ari Park in the city of Qamishlo, to demand the disclosure of the state of health of the leader, Abdullah Ajlan, and to lift his isolation.
– On April 11, the first conference of the Women’s Council was held in northern and eastern Syria, under the slogan “Women’s revolution to ensure a free democratic society”, during which 21 members of the Council women were appointed, including seven members of political parties in northern and eastern Syria.
– On May 26, the second conference of the Women’s Council for the Families of Martyrs of North and East Syria was held, under the slogan “The fight of the free woman is to protect the values ââof martyrs and to ensure the revolution of Rojava. “
– On June 1, the creation of the “Zenobia Women’s Gathering” was announced during the first founding conference held in the city of Raqqa and the election of an administration for the four regions “Tabqa, Raqqa, Deir ez-Zor and Manbij â, which is the main pillar of the hopes and aspirations of Syrian women.
– On June 18, the first Free Women’s Stand conference was held in Syria.
On the cultural and artistic level
– On January 8, the new JineolojÃ® (women’s sciences) center was opened in al-Shahba canton, after a 3-year hiatus due to the Turkish occupation attacks on Afrin.
On March 1 and 2, the Women’s Literature and Art Festival was organized, with the aim of encouraging them to express their culture and history.
On April 3, a geological study and research center was inaugurated in the districts of Sheikh Maqsoud and Ashrafieh in the city of Aleppo.
– On June 25, the Jazeera Region Women’s Authority inaugurated the âChild Protection Houseâ in the Al-Msherfa neighborhood of Al-Hasakah town, with the aim of providing necessary care. to children.
– On August 5, the Golden Crescent Movement in northern and eastern Syria inaugurated the Kazwan Center for Women’s Culture in the city of Al-Hasakah; In order to rehabilitate women on the technical side.
– The educational authority of the Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria has again included the subject of genology in the new curriculum 2021-2022, after having made changes to adapt it to the nature of the region.
Violations of the Turkish occupation against women in the occupied areas
From January 1 to November 30, 13 women and 13 children were killed, and 75 women, 5 minors and a little girl were kidnapped, according to statistics from the Human Rights Organization Afrin – Syria.
On January 30, the second forum on violations committed by the Turkish occupation and its mercenaries in the occupied canton of Afrin was held under the auspices of the Organization for Research and Women’s Rights in Syria, an organization Human Rights Initiative, the Rojava Center for Strategic Studies, the Afrin – Syria Human Rights Organization and the Island Human Rights Organization.
Program to combat violence against women
– In May, Kongra Star and the Women’s Council of the Future Syria Party of North and East Syria joined the campaign led by the Organization for Relations with Kurdish Women to oppose policies of extermination of women under the title “We are weaving a protection network for life, to stop the political extermination of women, and to revive The pioneers, we will not allow new massacres against women”, in which 74 women’s organizations participated through the world, in addition to 181 activists.
On July 30 and 31, the Second Women’s Conference in the Middle East and North Africa was held under the slogan “With the unity of women, we will achieve democratic revolution” in the Lebanese capital, Beirut. Her sessions focused on events in the Middle East and North Africa, including wars, conflicts and disputes in which women have been victims of the first degree, in addition to the repercussions of these crises on women, including including displacement, captivity, murder, displacement and high rates of violence.
On October 30, the Authority of Women in the Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria announced at its monthly meeting the approval of a draft internal system for the Center for the Protection of Women. abused. The project consists of 12 articles.
– On November 19, the third conference of the Women’s Council for Social Justice was held in the Al-Jazeera region, and a number of decisions were taken; To reduce violence against women.
– On November 20, women’s movements in northern and eastern Syria announced a program of activities for the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, and it continued until December 10.
– On November 30, thousands of men from the Al-Jazeera area participated in massive rallies calling for the end of violence against women.