Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia Predictions and Betting Tips
The 2021-22 edition of La Liga is back in action with another round of fixtures this weekend as Valencia lock horns with an impressive Athletic Bilbao side in an important clash at the Estadio San Moms Saturday.
Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia Preview
Valencia currently sit 10th in the La Liga table and haven’t been at their best so far this season. Los Che were held 1-1 by local rivals Levante in their previous fixture and will need to step it up a notch this weekend.
Athletic Bilbao, on the other hand, currently sit eighth in the table and have been quite impressive this year. The Basque side stunned Atletico Madrid with a 2-0 win last week and will be looking to achieve a similar result in this game.
Head to head Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia and key figures
- Valencia have a good record against Athletic Bilbao and have won 19 of the 49 matches played between the two teams, compared to 12 wins for Athletic Bilbao.
- Athletic Bilbao have won just one of their last 10 games against Valencia but are unbeaten in their last four games against Los Che.
- Athletic Bilbao are winless in their last four La Liga fixtures against Valencia at home – their longest winless streak against the away team since 1992.
- Valencia have won just one of their last nine away games against sides from the Basque country in La Liga, their previous victory against Real Sociedad in 2020.
- Athletic Bilbao have won their last two La Liga fixtures and have failed to secure three consecutive wins in the competition since 2019.
- Valencia have won just 10 of their 34 league games this season – their second-lowest tally at this stage of the season in their last 34 La Liga campaigns.
Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia Prediction
Athletic Bilbao have an impressive squad and have come out on top this month. The likes of Inaki Williams and Iker Muniain have taken on a lot of responsibility this season and will need to step up further this weekend.
Valencia have struggled to live up to expectations in recent years and face a daunting rebuild in the months to come. Athletic Bilbao have been the better side this season and should be able to win this game.
Prediction: Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Valencia
$50 Risk Free Bet + up to $1,000 Deposit at DraftKings SB
Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Athletic Bilbao
Tip 2: Game to have more than 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: Athletic Bilbao will score first – Yes
Tip 4: Inaki Williams scores – Yes