5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: Tuesday 02 March 2021
Here are five (in fact, more) updates on tech news, ideas, discussions and more to start your day on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. Sip.
What’s in our daily drink?
- Who we serve: Content for Managed Service Providers (MSP), IT Service Providers (ITSP), Technology Solution Providers (TSP), Cloud Service Providers (CSP), IT Consulting Firms, Systems Integrators, VAR, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and any other acronym partner that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every working morning.
- Reach the barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected]
A. What’s in the works today: tech news
1. MSP software – Prosecution of a former employee: Datto requested access to emails sent and received by Daniel Moore while briefly working at rival ConnectWise, according to a Bloomberg Law report. Datto sued Moore in October 2020, alleging that he had violated the law on fraud and computer abuse and the laws on trade secrets of the state. To be clear: the Datto lawsuit does not target ConnectWise.
2. MSP software – RMM security: NinjaRMM plans to hire three cybersecurity professionals as part of a threat hunting red team, Dark reading reports. NinjaRMM is already working with a third-party MSSP and risk assessment company to maintain its security posture and detect issues, the report says.
3. Cisco WebEx – Real-time translations: Cisco presents this month a snapshot of a real-time WebEx translation functionality, while “greatly expanding the language library from 10+ to over 100 languages, ranging from Armenian to Zulu,” the company said.
4. Cloud applications: Cloudera released the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) operational database to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. The CDP Operational Database is a “fully managed cloud native operational database with unmatched scale, performance and reliability,” the company says.
5. Talent – Digital Strategy: NIMBL appointed Robert Jerome as vice president of strategy and innovation for North America. In this newly created leadership role, Jérôme will be responsible for expanding the capabilities of IP solutions and offerings, creating new marketing channels and developing strategic relationships with partners.
6. Talent – Subscription services: AppDirect hired Pierre-Luc Bisaillon, Cirque du Soleil veteran, as CIO.
7. Debt Financing – Cloud Based Marketing Software: Zeta Global successfully closed a $ 222.5 million loan facility to provide additional capital to pursue new initiatives. Zeta Global competes with cloud marketing offerings from Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, and Adobe, as well as programmatic platforms such as The Trade Desk.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Channel Manager – Cloud Based Communications: Rocket hired Avaya, Cisco, Polycom and Qlik veteran Christopher Jones as Chief Revenue Officer (CRO). The move comes after Fuze changed CEOs at the end of 2019 and repositioned its business focus on business accounts.
2. Talent – Data protection: Veeam hired Commvault veteran Dino Soepono as Senior Director of Strategic Alliances in Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ), succeeding Dean Cunningham, IDC Reseller News Reports.
3. ServiceNow Partner Program: 1E, a real-time digital experience management company, has joined the ServiceNow Elite Partner Program segment. The 1E Tachyon platform “closes the last mile of real-time ticket resolution by integrating endpoint and application diagnostics, as well as a library of automations into the ServiceNow incident page,” said the society.
5. Partnership program: Netrality data centers expanded its Netrality partnership program.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Microsoft Ignite 2021 (March 2-4, virtual)
- Channel partner conference and exhibition (March 2-4, virtual)
- Empower AI powered by Ericsson conference (March 3-5, virtual)
- Hunter hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, virtual)
- CloudFest 2021 (March 23-25, virtual)
- Full ChannelE2E Events Calendar
- Add your annual event to our calendar: Submit it here